Re: [OT] KVM over lan or similiar solution

++ 18/02/08 09:19 +0100 - Diego Rodriguez Gonzalez:
>Here we have Raritan http://www.raritan.com/ KVM, running for the last
>four years.

I have been using Raritan's KX II 101 [1].

While in general they work nice and provide you with a decent console to
a server with some problem, I found the Java application sometimes a bit
buggy. Once in a while, when the KVM was properly connected, I wasn't
able to establish a connection to the KVM. Or sometimes I could, but
then it did tell me there was no output to the screen (which should have
been there, as when connecting a regular monitor, there was output).

So, overall they work nicely, but from time to time I had difficulties
connecting (and you would always need remote hands in the datacenter, as
these KVM's are for a single machine only).

[1] http://www.raritan.com//kvm-switches/kvm-over-ip/kx2-101/

--
Rejo Zenger <rejo@zenger.nl> https://rejo.zenger.nl