Re: alternatives to suexec in etch apache2

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 01:16:04PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Craig Sanders wrote:
> > i've never liked suexec.  it's way to rigid and unconfigurable.  and,
> > unfortunately, the way it expects vhosts to be set up (esp. directory
> > layout) is completely unlike the way i set mine up.
> >
> > i used cgiwrap for a long while, it's far more flexible.
>
> Have you ever try sbox-dtc, that I maintain, for which I contributed
> (the SID version now has a config file that I load with libdotconf), and
> that is also in Stable? How is it compared to cgiwrap? Does cgi-wrap
> supports chroot of the cgi-bin, and does it do setlimit() calls ?

nope, never tried it.  didn't even know it existed until you mentioned
it just now.

can't remember the details of cgiwrap, it's been a year since i used it.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

"Science is a first-rate piece of furniture for a man's upper
 chamber, if he has common sense on the ground floor."
             [Oliver Wendell Holmes]