Re: 3ware Raid controllers and 64bit Etch

Andrew Miehs wrote:

On 11/01/2008, at 2:43 PM, Andrew Miehs wrote:

Dear List,

I have been having data corruption problems for the last two months on 7 servers.

After extensive testing, I have finally narrowed the problem down to Debian Etch 2.6.18-5 kernel with the 3ware PCI controller. The same machine using the onboard SATA controller does not
corrupt data.

Just to make this clear - this is with 64bit version of Etch - I have not tested the 32bit version
with the Raid controller.

I've been using an 9650SE-8LPML in RAID 6 (with battery) under 64bit Etch without any problems. It's as heavily loaded as bonded dual 100 can let it be. Although you didn't say what controller and RAID level you're using.

~Seth