Re: 3ware Raid controllers and 64bit Etch

On 11/01/2008, at 2:43 PM, Andrew Miehs wrote:

Dear List,

I have been having data corruption problems for the last two months on 7 servers.

After extensive testing, I have finally narrowed the problem down to Debian Etch 2.6.18-5 kernel with the 3ware PCI controller. The same machine using the onboard SATA controller does not
corrupt data.

Just to make this clear - this is with 64bit version of Etch - I have not tested the 32bit version
with the Raid controller.

Andrew