Re: Problems sending messages to <sourceforge.net>

On 09.01.08 14:35, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Is there someone which is on the <courier-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> list or another <sf.net> list?  I have gotten the following error
> message but there is
>
>     550-1.0 FORGED_RCVD_HELO       Received: contains a forged HELO

> I use ssmtp since ages and there was never a problem.

but it still scored 1.0, which usually means nothing. would be nice if ssmtp
could learn how to HELO.

> Then I have send
>     Mon, 7 Jan 2008 12:58:00 +0100  (CET)
> and it stuck in the spool up to
>     Tue,  8 Jan 2008 14:20:07 +0100

> which mean, it was going out with a delay of 25 1/2 hours and this mean,
> that
>
>     550-4.0 DATE_IN_PAST_24_48     Date: is 24 to 48 hours before Received: date

> such restriction and scoring is definitivly bullshit (specialy if you
> are working mobil from a laptop and you have only one time per day,
> sometims only all two days, access to the internet).

50_scores.cf:score DATE_IN_PAST_24_48 2.300 1.627 1.498 1.219

someone tuned this which wasn't a good idea

>  And this pig:
>
>     550-1.8 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
>
> This asholes  from Spamcop has blacklisted my ISP, because it has bounced
> several million spams...  Please note, that currently I am emtying my
> mailboxes which went overloaded by arround 1.3 million spams...

they are not assholes and and bouncing tons of spam is a very good reason to
blacklist. Just tell your ISP not to bounce. Note that spammers often
intentionally send to random addresses with random sender addresses - it
increases the probability that someone will receive and read the spam (even
as a bounce)

> Since I can not write ANY messages to <sf.net> including <abuse@>,
> <postmaster@> or <list-owner@> can anyone here help me to solv this
> problem?

I'm sorry I only can advise you now.

- Have you got anything without Spam in it?
- Well, there's Spam egg sausage and Spam, that's not got much Spam in it.