Re: clamsmtp & spampd vs spamassasin-milter & clamav-milter for SMTP time REJECT

PÁSZTOR György wrote:
Hi!

and also with you.

[snip]

What advantages do spamassasin-milter & clamav-milter have over clamsmtp & spampd ?
If a mail contain virus or spam, and clamav or spamassasin can say big
enogh probability for that, than you don't have to accept the mail.

After the end of DATA stream, the MTA will say an 5xx error code, and the
virus/spam will not make extra load on your server/mail queue.

Check this out:
http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_PROXY_README.html
http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html

I believe I have kludged up a /etc/postfix/master.cf to have clamsmtp & spampd configured to reject after DATA. I've set my MUA (thunderbird) to use test server as outgoing server and gotted immeadiate rejection when I submit EICAR test virus or GUBE test spam.

I've not telneted to port 21 and type in commands and pasted the test strings to be sure I'm getting REJECT ed at right time (this is next) , but I'm pretty sure I'm getting REJECTed at right time.

So is there a particular advantage to the milters ?