clamsmtp spampd both @ SMTP time

Right now we're running postfix, amavis-new and maia mailguard & quarantining suspected spam and viruses.

Amavis has been good to us so far, but clamsmtpd and spampd seem simpler and faster. It would be nice to be configuring SA and clam directly and to have per user spam settings.

We'd like to move to rejecting ***NOT*** bouncing mail at SMTP time. Our reasoning is that it is better to reject an important message so the sender knows to contact you than to silently drop it to do the floor or the quarantine so the sender thinks you are ignoring him.

By rejecting after DATA , we will not be sending back scatter to forged senders

We understand that this means that we will have bursts of traffic that will require higher CPU / RAM for scanning incoming messages before connection times out. We're ok with this.

We're running clamsmtp pre-queuing now per the postfix docs

	http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_PROXY_README.html

And this is working OK

It looks like it is possible to chain things:

postfix--->clamsmtp--->spamtpd--->postfix---> delivery

 ***pre-queueng***, not using content_filter

I am curious about people's experience in production. see:

	http://www.irbs.net/internet/postfix/0601/1347.html