Re: bind 9 not responding

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:33:23 +0100, isavcic@gmail.com said:

> do you have to use BIND? Have you
> considered tinydns?

We moved from tinydns/dnscache to BIND because of poor reliability.
Sometimes dnscache would just stop responding for no apparent reason, and
because of the way it hooks into the system, it isn't that straightforward
to restart it (means messing around with svc commands, etc, rather than
an /etc/init.d/xxx file). Also, I don't believe it is desirable to hook
services into /etc/inittab as DJB likes to do.

None of the above means I'm right, of course.

Keith

--
Keith Edmunds

Tiger Computing is looking for a Linux Support Consultant - see
http://www.tiger-computing.co.uk/page?27