bind 9 not responding

Hi,

I have a caching server on the edge of our corporate network.
System is Debian etch, with bind version 1:9.3.4-2e.

Sometimes (totally random by timespan, not sure about connection
problems), bind becomes stops responding to queries. When I googled I
saw this was a matter of allocation of memory (using pools) and the
problem was triggered by connection problems.

Is there a fix or workaround for this?

Just for the time, I've set up an hourly cron job to restart the service.

Have a nice day
--
Onur Can CAKMAK