Re: bind 9 not responding

On 31 Oct 2007, at 08:38, Onur Can CAKMAK wrote:

Sometimes (totally random by timespan, not sure about connection
problems), bind becomes stops responding to queries. When I googled I
saw this was a matter of allocation of memory (using pools) and the
problem was triggered by connection problems.

Bind 8 performed better as a cacheing nameserver for me than Bind 9, so I use a mixture of that and pdns-recursor.

Best wishes,
Andy Davidson

--
:: http://www.localphone.com/  -  Call Global, Pay Local
:: /* opinions and thoughts expressed here are my own */