Re: two bind9 masters

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 12:01:52AM +0200, Wojciech Ziniewicz wrote:
> One server is managed through ISPconfig software. It has about 80
> domains in it now , and works well but for the production use (we're
> now preparing for moving from QA to prod.) there must be 2 or more DNS
> servers for those domains. As the old servers will be shut down, new
> servers must take their role.

Nothing in the rest of your email makes clear why you can't just
have another DNS server slaving off the DNS server that has
ISPconfig on it.

I've never used ISPconfig though, but it's hard to believe that it
configures a DNS server in such a way as to make zone transfers
impossible.  That would be really broken.

So I'm at a loss as to why a normal setup involving one master and
one or more slaves will not suffice.

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB