Re: two bind9 masters

> Hi all,
> What are the pros and cons of having two master DNS servers for one
> zone holding identical data for this zone ?
> I mean the RFC and practical point of view.
> What are Your opinions .

We run several "primary" NS and "secondaries" using PowerDNS with
MySQL backend and MySQL replication. The replication master is not
listed in the registries (in fact, it doesn't run PowerDNS at all)
and is used for "updating" the real NS only. It updates all NS
nearly realtime - no bind-style zone transfer anywhere.
As long as authorative-only is concernd we are very happy with
PowerDNS.

Cheers, Norbert