Re: Webserver Redundacy

2007/2/27, Julian De Marchi <julian@jdcomputers.com.au>:
> DNS is the easiest way (publish both IPs in DNS).  Otherwise you need a
> front-end loadbalancer (which itself is subject to falling over).

Could I please have an example of a dns record? I was unaware that you could
for example have jdcomputers.com.au resolve to two ip address...

Thanks for the great feedback!

try simple heartbeat rules (apt-get install heartbeat) or just use DNS
. other thing is to use script that touches both server and manages
your firewall.
first and third solutions assume that u have *nix box on ur firewall.

--
Wojciech Ziniewicz
Unix SEX :{look;gawk;find;sed;talk;grep;touch;finger;find;fl