Re: network analyzer

I can't recommend ntop. It's really buggy and really really resource intensive. Besides what he seems to be talking about is active service checks, not network monitoring. So the original poster needs to straighten out what they actually want. Network Analysis or network monitoring or host/service monitoring. Three VERY different things.