Re: Grub 0.97 with GUID Partition Table system

On 5 Feb 2007, at 18:56, Frédéric VANNIÈRE wrote:

Now, I'd like to be able to boot the system without PXE using something like a grub. I know there is a patch for grub (July 2006) but I can't apply it to
the 0.97 version.

In the olden days you did need the patch from

   http://i2o.shadowconnect.com/download.php

to boot from a dpt_i2o/i2o_block card on 64 bit, but I didn't think that was at all necessary from 0.97 and later. Is it just that the driver for your dpt card isn't in the initrd or similar ? There may also be some other ideas on the i2o.shadowconnect.com site, it's good.

Cheers
-a

--
Regards, Andy Davidson