Re: web hosting setup recommendations

Hi

At the moment I am evaluating ISPconfig on a Sarge installation. It seems to do it's job quit well. If you are going to use one of the "Perfect Setups" for Debian 3.1 I would recommend to use dovecot instead of ipopd-ssl and uw-imapd-ssl (if you aren't using maildir). I had some problems with ipopd when using unsecured connections.

Securing FTP a little more (using mod_ssl) would be goot too.

Best regards

Bernd

Bart van den Heuvel schrieb:
Maybe you are looking for ISP-Config.

It's a hosting platform for free. You need to start with a clean linux
install using a recepie from howtoforge.com, then install ispconfig and
you are set to host lots of domains.

take a look at http://www.ispconfig.org/

Gr,
Bart

Hi

first sorry for resending this. I'm still looking for suggestions for a
typical web hosting setup. What do others use for authentication,
separating
users' privileges, securing web space etc in a shared hosting environment?

Thanks in advance

mimo