Re: incremental backups via ftp

On Thu, August 23, 2007 11:58, Marc Schiffbauer wrote:
> I suggest using curlftpfs to mount the ftp share on your machine.

Ah, I forgot to mention that I tried this one as well. Mounting ftp:// via
FUSE and then using rsnapshot to store "locally" while it's really the ftp
backupspace. I really liked the idea, but when I tried it
(debian/oldstable, 2.6.8), the fuse processes got stuck sometimes and
where not usable. I shall try again with the current kernel.

> This way you can use any backup solution that can save to disk.
> Maybe rsnapshop or flexbackup would be good for you!

I'll look into flexbackup, thanks!

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #442: