Re: Quagga (Two AS in one router)

Now I am more than confused...

On 25/07/2007, at 3:19 PM, Wojciech Ziniewicz wrote:

2007/7/25, tomfi <tomfi@volny.cz>:
Ok, you understand that more then 1 AS within 1 router is against
principles of bgp. So you must think another way, not try to "hack" it...
BGP is little diferent then OSPF.

That's a nice note, but assuming that we have x routers with y ASes on
them, what will be the information propagated to the internet ?
I think that it's meaningless to set up such a solution .

Normally, 1 router, 1 AS...
Multiple ASes, Multiple routers.

http://ww.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1771.html
cite:
" The classic definition of an Autonomous System is a set of routers
under a single technical administration"
  no "set of AS within one router ;)"

PS:"I'm in 3 ases" - you cant be in more then 1 AS, you can have more
then 1 AS but they are separated, maybe neighboring, but separated ...
not "joined".

I have never used Quagga, or Zebra, but it looks as if they inject
their routes back into the kernel - therefore only one routing
engine...

If the original poster really wants to do this, they could always
try running multiple Xen instances on the one machine and then
run one AS per Xen instance - but this all sounds very nasty
and confusing - Add a little VLAN to this mixture and....

... I think I need to go lie down - my head is starting to
hurt...

Regards

Andrew