Re: DNS: MX and CNAME records

Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 09:53:59 +0200, madduck@debian.org said:
>

>> I cannot add MX records to oerlikon.no-ip.org, so how am I supposed
>> to receive mail for wall.madduck.net at a.mx.madduck.net
>>

> Get a fixed IP address.
>
> This is the Debian-ISP list, and whilst membership is certainly not
> limited to ISPs running Debian, the topics discussed broadly are limited
> in that way. Mostly. How to run a mail server on an dynamic IP is not a
> problem many ISPs face, even those myopic enough to run something other
> than Debian.
>
> Keith

You are right Keith,

I used to work at UPC Romania. We used Fedora Core... and it was hell,
cause you had to upgrade from 2 to 3, from 3 to 4... change config
files... build custom kernels...
I think that Debian is the best Linux distro for stable and mission
critical servers.

This topic should be on debian-users...