remote online replacement of fedora with debian

Hi All

I have a few remote Fedora systems that I want to replace with Debian. I
have no physical access and the providers of these servers will not load
Debian.

Has anyone been successful in doing an remote online replacement of Fedora
with Debian (any version).

I found a couple of sites that talk about it, the first was for Woody and
which used base-install package which no longer exists and assumed lilo on
the fedora system. The second does use etch but looks like you still need to
be in front of the system for the last part. I did try to combine the two
procedures but the server did not come back up after the reboot. Possible
problem with Grub booting of fedoras /boot directory which was not a
separate partition.

http://www.underhanded.org/papers/debian-conversion/remotedeb.html

http://www.debuntu.org/2006/05/14/51-how-to-installing-debian-etch-from-a-ru
nning-debian-based-system