Re: central logging to a database

hi,

On 7/3/07, Thomas Goirand <thomas@goirand.fr> wrote:
I don't know what you exactly need to log, but here is what I do.

i'd like to stay with syslog (or a software capable of providing
syslog like capabilities) so that i don't have to care about every
package.

i'm thinking of using syslog to forward everything to a central
loghost, which can be done easily. from that loghost i'd like to write
to a database, now i'm just concerned with breaking the carefully
crafted code from logging daemons not to loose messages and just have
a bad feeling about using a pipe and a shelll script that loops in
"while true;logging stuff;done" manner as described all over the web

so the question really is if this solution really "breaks" that much
or if it is reliable enough to use it for logging