Re: Quagga

Op 4-jul-2007, om 12:26 heeft Carlos Renato Tasinafo het volgende geschreven:

Hello All,

I'd like to known if anyone here uses Quagga (BGP daemon particularly) in large-scale ( 6 neighbours - full routing ) I'm worried about the performance of the system. Anyone have any experience?
Thanks in advance

You shouldn't worry too much about quagga performance (quagga's CPU usage won't be a limiting factor, the main limit will be how fast your machine can forward packets), and one of the main advantages of using quagga is that memory for your typical Linux system is a LOT cheaper than Cisco's.

For your reference: I just checked one of our routers, the "zebra" process is using 50 MB, and "bgpd" is using about 100. We receive two feeds of about 220k routes. So for the current size of the routing table I'd guess you need at least 350 MB of memory (6x 50 MB for bgpd, and 50 for zebra).

Regards,

Maarten