Re: Moving MySQL to its own host

At 11:50 AM 6/26/2007 +1200, Simon wrote:
>We have a XenEnterprise Server running all debian sarge guests. One of
>the guests is our client web server (Apache/MySQL/PHP). I have read
>that there can be a performance boost in moving the mysql onto its own
>host. Would this be worth looking at?

An alternative to moving it to another host is to move it's directory
structure onto it's own RAID controller.  IMHO large databases should always
be on their own RAID controllers.  U'll need to collect statistics about
what app is using what amount of cpu/memory/IO to determine the right mix
and distribution of apps.

--
REMEMBER THE WORLD TRADE CENTER         ---=< WTC 911 >=--
"...ne cede malis"

00000100