Re: Upgrading to Etch

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 20:01 -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 18:27 -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Jim Popovitch wrote:
> > > ANSWER: netinst requires a remote server, those servers now have stable
> > > set as Etch.  However, businesscard does a complete base install using
> > > stable (Sarge) on the iso.  So, you can use the businesscard.iso to
> > > install a complete _base_ Sarge install (i.e. no tasksel or other
> > > applications).
> >
> > That is exactly backwards.
>
> Define forwards, in the same context, please.

Never mind Joey, I see the error in my text.  The names of the two ISOs
are backwards.  The netinst doesn't need any net to do a base Sarge
install.  The businesscard iso does need a network connection in order
to do a base install, and because it uses stable/testing/unstable it can
no longer do a Sarge install.

So, if you want to do a base Sarge install, grab the netinst.iso image.

-Jim P.