Re: i-ram vs. tmpfs (was: Re: Mail clustering)

On 05.04.07 23:31, Craig Sanders wrote:
> WTF are you talking about?  do you have some kind of comprehension problem?
>
> we're both saying to put the memory into the system. as system ram.  nothing
> to do with SATA or PCI bus speed.

Sorry, I misunderstood this part.
Yes, of course real system RAM is better for performance than any RAM
device.

The rest of arguments was for using battery-backed RAM device for some
reasons, e.g. reliability.

My mind is like a steel trap - rusty and illegal in 37 states.