Re: Graphical representation of bad sectors etc]

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 04:18:07PM +0200, Sturla Holm Hansen wrote:
> Don't use a disk with bad sectors!
> Usually if they first start to appear it's only a matter of time before
> you get more and more of them.
> If you're going to use this disk for anything, don't put data you can't
> loose on it.
> As I said, usually it's doomed, more and more bad sectors will appear...

Yeah. RMA it if you can. Look up the online procedure at the website of the
manufacturer. You'll be able to tell if it is still in warranty or not.

Ward.

--
Pong.be         -(           "HTML needs a rant tag" - Alan Cox            )-
Virtual hosting -(                                                         )-