Re: reality check: passive FTP

also sprach Greg Ryman <gregr@candylogic.com> [2006.08.29.2043 +0200]:
> I think calling all ISP's that name is a general overstatement.
> Obviously the tech you had on the phone wasn't well educated.

I was joking. :)

and he was also being a dork.

> It actually looks more like a problem with the server you are connecting
> to. The client is giving the server commands and the server doesn't
> understand them. I don't have much experience with Windows FTP servers,

Nah, that's by design (if your talking about CLNT and so on). IIS
sucks, but it usually can do FTP and HTTP acceptably well.

> troubleshoot, troubleshoot, troubleshoot... then you can call them up
> and bitch them out.

I consider this thread troubleshooting. :)
and if it wasn't archived or I knew that I could easily and quickly
change the password, I'd just post it. :)

: :'  :    proud Debian developer, author, administrator, and user
`. `'`     http://people.debian.org/~madduck http://debiansystem.info

windows 2000: designed for the internet.
the internet: designed for unix.