Re: reality check: passive FTP

also sprach Andrew Miehs <andrew@2sheds.de> [2006.08.29.2125 +0200]:
> How big are 'ack' packets? Could it be that you have a small MTU? and
> that their 'brilliant' gateway 'drops' all icmps, so that they don't
> the PMTU information?
>
> Just a REALLY wild guess...

I may have small other things, but my MTU is BIG. Good idea though,
but I don't think this is the case. There are no ICMP packets
leaving my firewall, and the upstream Internet connection has
a standard 1500 MTU.

: :'  :    proud Debian developer, author, administrator, and user
`. `'`     http://people.debian.org/~madduck http://debiansystem.info

micro$oft windoze is like an air-conditioner:
it breaks down if you open a window.