Re: Changing disk order

also sprach Andrew Miehs <andrew@2sheds.de> [2006.08.22.1250 +0100]:
> Can md use labels? as the filesystem labels are a product of the
> ext2 system - md though uses the devices directly so I assume
> I would need to use udev and UUIDs for md.

md can scan for UUIDs of the RAID superblock. In fact, if you just
mention UUID=* and no devices=* line in mdadm.conf, and prefix the
file with 'DEVICE partitions', it will do just that.

Or you use /dev/disk/by-uuid/* in the devices line. I suggest doing
the direct way stated above.

: :'  :    proud Debian developer, author, administrator, and user
`. `'`     http://people.debian.org/~madduck http://debiansystem.info

due to lack of interest tomorrow has been cancelled.