Re: Changing disk order

On 22/08/2006, at 12:48 PM, martin f krafft wrote:

also sprach Andrew Miehs <andrew@2sheds.de> [2006.08.22.1127 +0100]:

md and udev work together, except for versions 2.5.2-9 and 2.5.2-10
of mdadm.

I suggest instead of juggling disks, you use UUIDs or filesystem
labels. Check /dev/disk/by-* if you are suing udev, or the the mount
and grub documentation -- they can also handle UUID directly.

Can md use labels? as the filesystem labels are a product of the ext2
system - md though uses the devices directly so I assume I would need
to use udev and UUIDs for md.

Thanks

Andrew