Re: Request for spamassassin/clamav tips

On 08/18/06 15:59 PM, Nelson Castillo wrote:
> I also would like to use per-user white-lists and
> blacklists and a global whitelist and blaklist. I might have
> to program a little for that (for a web interface for users).
>
> Now I wonder, what are the strategies you use to
> gather feedbak from users for false negatives and
> false positives?
>
> You need a lot of these messages to better train
> spamassassin.
>
> How do you get messages to train the filters?
> (Most non-spam messages here will be in spanish).

I'm not sure how far you want to go with it, but amavisd-new makes a
nice centralized email content scanner and filter that runs messages
through things like spamassassin and clamav (or your favorite av).
There are several web-based interfaces for this type of setup that would
allow your users to control their own white/black lists, manage what
they want to happen at any given score (nothing, tag the subject, or
quarantine).

I've been running Maia Mailguard for several years now and I'm really
happy with it.  I run it at home where it sees 250 or so emails per day,
but you can dig around and find real-world reports of hundreds of
thousands.

Check it out, and check out amavisd-new for a list of other web-based
management jobs, if that's the direction you want to go.  It answers all
of your management questions, and then some.

http://www.maiamailguard.com/