Re: Co-lo's and power

El Martes, 8 de Agosto de 2006 22:54, Jacob S escribió:
> On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 14:26:36 -0700
>
> Joe Emenaker <joe@emenaker.com> wrote:
> > Jacob S wrote:
> > > However, most of the Co-lo's we have seen indicate that each rack is
> > > only fed with a 15 - 20A power line... to power the entire 42U of
> > > space. We have about six 1U servers currently and half of them are
> > > dual-P4 machines, all of them 2.8Ghz or faster. Add in a switch and
> > > remote kvm and we were under the impression we would need our own
> > > 15A line dedicated to our servers. But at least one Co-lo has said
> > > it would cost a one time fee of $1100 to get a dedicated 15A power
> > > line run to our servers in their rack.

I could only tell you about what we have here in Spain, we are on the Canary
Islands, but our Co-Lo is on Madrid, 3h away on Airplane, but we have people
working near the CoLo, so it's not a problem for us.
We pay 750€/month for a 45U rack with double 16A (220v here) inputs from
thiferents UPS-Diesel-Company networks, but we could only use one of them,
because the other one it's a backup one
Nowadays we have installed on the rack:
- 1 48p 10/100/1000 managed switch
- 2 dual Opteron servers (425W PSU each server)
- 8 single Pentiun IV servers (125W PSU each server)
- 1 LTO3 Autochanger (500W PSU)
- 1 KVM (35W PSU)
- 1 KVM IP (12W PSU)
- 1 TFT Monitor (25W)

and we have not any problem with energy

I think that 15A should be enought, you could allway do the calcs yourself ...
it's easy; At full load (and any server isn't allway at full PSU load), we
have:
1x43
2x425
8x125
1x500
1x35
1x12
1x25
2465 W / 220v = 11,21A

That's and aproximation calc, but it's valid

--
Saludos.

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Director Gerente