Re: More sorbs blacklisting

Pigeon wrote:

Have now managed to get in touch with someone more clued-up in my
ISP's support staff and have got an answer which makes sense:

From our point of view, you receive a static IP address because
when you sign up for our service, you will be given an IP address
and will use that IP address for the length of your service with us, assuming no changes such as requesting an IP block.

SORBS, on the other hand, regard such IP addresses as dynamic because if you were to leave us, the IP address would become available for use by another customer.

Since that's always the case with static IP addresses (unless a company uses its own PI address assignment), I doubt that is the reason SORBS refuses to remove the address range.

If your ISP always assigns their addresses in this way (single, fixed IP as long as you remain a customer), they can simple send SORBS a list of the address space that is used, and SORBS will remove this entire range from the DUHL.

AFAIK, the DNS TTL rules etc. that people mentioned earlier don't apply when your ISP requests the removal. The procedure is documented on their website, and I've never had problems removing our static IP blocks from the DUHL.

Regards,

Maarten