Re: my domain gets greylisted

John Kelly wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:16:40 -0400, Jim Popovitch <jimpop@yahoo.com>
wrote:

I can deal with 2 or 3 mis-handled emails each day assuming Yahoo
keeps up correctly tagging ~150 each day.

To me, it's a waste of time looking thru 100 pieces of spam, porn, and
other garbage, worrying that one or two might be false positives.

I agree. For the average person it's unneccessary to do that. Nothing I'm really interested in gets Bulk'ed, only the occassional false-positive that is usually non-important. HOWEVER, a sizeable portion of my userbase uses Yahoo, so by me periodically checking Bulk, I know that Yahoo is properly accepting (or to rephrase, we are properly delivering) our email to them.

Why bother with all that effort?

Because it's educational.... and you wouldn't believe the offers (sometimes up to 350% discounts) that you can get on all sorts of products. :-) I'd respond with more depth, but I've got to go address a possible import oppty from Narobi, it also seems that I also won $1,000,000,000 USD solely by my email ID, an ex-queen needs my assistance. After all that I have some Toshiba laptops to test, and home mortgage rates just went down yet again! Wow, I can even earn a degree for *free*. ;-)

Of interest, Yahoo just Bulk'ed repies to me from whitelist@verizon.net. It is a cruel world. ;-)

-Jim P.