Re: my domain gets greylisted

John Kelly wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:42:42 -0400, Jim Popovitch <jimpop@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Yahoo seems to think that your email is Bulk.  ;-)

I have an old yahoo email address which is constantly inundated with
spam.  And not all of it goes to bulk.

Yet when I send real email to that address, it often goes to the bulk
folder.

I plan for the day when I can leave that yahoo address behind ...

I'm not here to advocate on Yahoo's behalf, but I will add that there are things you can do to make Yahoo work better for you. For me, it works, and it works well. Yahoo correctly identifies abt 98% of incoming spam and moves it into Bulk. Sometimes one or two emails make it into Bulk that perhaps shouldn't (although their can always be debate on that part), and sometimes one or two spam emails make it into my inbox. I can deal with 2 or 3 mis-handled emails each day assuming Yahoo keeps up correctly tagging ~150 each day. If those numbers ever switch, then I'll leave Yahoo quite promptly. ;-)

Looking at the current thread, I appreciate Yahoo not just accepting email because it comes from murphy.debian.org.

-Jim P.