Re: More sorbs blacklisting

Pigeon wrote:
On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 04:08:14PM -0500, Eric Cunningham wrote:
Reverse DNS gives a lot more credibility to your domain as it requires the intentional participation of the netblock owner (or the ISP the IP is allocated to). If you still have the default xxx.xxx.adsl.myisp.com reverse in there, that says to the world you're no different then the infected Windows user down the street. Go through the effort to legitimize your server and you'll get your mail through. In most circumstances an ISP won't give you a reverse DNS on a dynamic IP.

I am pursuing this line as well... This particular ISP won't set rDNS
to correspond to a dyndns.org domain, but if I purchase my own
"official" domain and show them the RIPE records they will set rDNS.
So I'm currently looking into getting a pukka domain through an agency
which will proxy the contact information (so as not to blurge my
postal address all over the WWW) without charging a fortune for it.
There are a vast number of possible domain name registration agencies,
so the research isn't exactly speedy :-)

I doubt you'd find any ISP to do it. Remember, it's their credibility on the line.

http://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/dyndns/faq.html#q54

Mapname.com will automatically mask your whois information. I've actually been considering switching away from them because they won't undo it but if it's what you're looking for...

-eric