Re: More sorbs blacklisting

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 05:28:09PM -0700, Steve Redlich wrote:
> Several posts seem to blame users of the dsl transport for wanting to run
> an MX.  I've been running one for 9 years on the same IP.  This is the
> second time I've run into a problem with blocked mail.

I think what many of us are trying to say is not that the user running the
MX on dsl are doing something wrong but that from an outside perspective
there is no way to tell if such an address is really a) a hacked home
computer sending spam, b) an actual hobby email server or c) a spammer
trying to get a address unlisted so that spam gets through.

People are suspicious and require people to do all kinds of things for
unlisting just because spammers are very creative in cheating and finding
new ways to get past blocks. This has lead to a certain kind of meritocracy
where whois-records, reverse names and other such data end up with more
meaning than they used to, and this can cause problems for you and others
who are not able to do what was possible years before.

> Before this, I've only made one post on this topic.  I'm hardpressed
> to call this a Vendetta.
> If I've been anyway uncivil, Please accept my apology.

Sorry, I think I overreacted. I too hastily connected this conversation in
my mind to those people who do actually have a vendetta against SORBS.