Re: More sorbs blacklisting

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Juha-Matti Tapio wrote:

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 11:46:02AM -0700, Steve Redlich wrote:
I've thought of two ways to fight SORBS.
One.  Complain to SORBS upstream ISPs for violating their abuse policies.
Two.  Form a rbl blacklist of domains that use SORBS DUHL and not accept
mail from them.

Juha,

I'm sorry, I meant two ways to convince ISPs not to use SORBS DUHL. [A static list of static IPs]

Why blame linux admins with static IPs for the failures of
Microsoft's software and Matthew Sullivan?

Several posts seem to blame users of the dsl transport for wanting to run an MX. I've been running one for 9 years on the same IP. This is the second time I've run into a problem with blocked mail.

You really lost me here. I'm sure somewhere is a proper place to discuss
such vendetta, but this list is most certainly not the place. Let's try to
keep this list civil.

SORBS listing of static IPs belonging to members has created many posts
on this topic. I just find myself spending time this week investigating why one of my users [on a domain I control the mail GUI for] isn't getting their mail forwarded to them [from a company with an extremely large number of colocated computers].

Before this, I've only made one post on this topic. I'm hardpressed to call this a Vendetta.

If I've been anyway uncivil, Please accept my apology.

Thanks,
Steve Redlich
Wiseburn Networks.