Re: Adaptec AIC-79xx Problems

Andrew Miehs wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> We recently purchased a Supermicro server with an onboard adaptec scsi
> controller.
>
> 0000:03:02.0 SCSI storage controller: Adaptec AIC-7902B U320 (rev 10)
> 0000:03:02.1 RAID bus controller: Adaptec AIC-7902(B) U320 w/HostRAID
> (rev 10)
>
> After seeing *** Dump Card State Ends *** the box crashes.

Look at termination, cable length, cable type (did you use LVD cables)

Remove all devices, and try to boot the system (to see if you can go
beyond this point...) if it still fails -> look at the setup of the
adapter...

and as last: does the adapter shares it's interrupt with an other device?

--
JJ van Gorkum                             Knowledge Zone
If UNIX isn't the solution, you've got the wrong problem