Re: Debian modules

Ian> Resources aren't a problem.  Controlling the order of loading
Ian> sometimes is, though.  For instance, if you have multiple different
Ian> network cards, which one is eth0, eth1, ... depends on the order
Ian> the modules are loaded, and that's pretty much random if udev or
Ian> hotplug autoloads them.

Mark> ifrename handles this more cleanly than depending upon module
Mark> order.

OK, I didn't know about ifrename, thanks.  Still, I don't know if it's
really cleaner.  I don't remember the MAC addresses of my cards, but
I do remember their brands :-)

--
A true pessimist won't be discouraged by a little success.