Re: Debian modules

Ozgur Karatas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> http://www.falkotimme.com/howtos/perfect_setup_debian_sarge/index.php
> http://www.falkotimme.com/howtos/debian_kernel2.6_compile/index.php

Hi !

I think those howto are of very bad quality. The guy says he wants to
setup apache + postfix, and he don't even make a separate partition for
/tmp, /var and /var/log, and we all know in this list that it's very
important to have separate partitions for those 3. How can you can it
"perfect setup" then???

I had the same feeling on the same site with the "perfect xen setup"
where they show how to use loopbacks when LVM partitions are much much
beter (faster, and more easy to manage, not limited in numbers).

I think as well that this howto for kernel compiling is rather old, at
least more than one year, as they talk about woody and backports.

Thomas