Re: More than 32000 users

--On January 23, 2006 4:49:06 PM -0400 Maykel Moya <moya@infomed.sld.cu> wrote:

Would like you to share solutions, advises, tips, or whatever. The
priority is now to have a workaround for the limit in the current
host.

As I noted before we use ReiserFS here mostly, and we layer that on top of LVM, this allows for hot online expansion, mostly. The Linux SCSI subsystem and QLogic drivers are pretty weak in this area meaning sometimes we have to reboot a machine to get it to see a new Fibre Channel target.

We also use one filesystem per hash so... essentially we end up with

/w/a/alpha.com/
/w/b/beta.com/

where /w/a and /w/b are separate filesystems. This does make for a bit longer boots (we have other classifications) of the file servers since they have to mount all the separate FSes but if there's damage to one FS for some reason or another it helps to contain that damage.

Saludos
maykel