Re: Recommendations for server, 2 take

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 16:30 +0100, annpost@can.no wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Last time I started a topic here, I was wondering about what server to
> buy. The server has been bought, and now I'm faced with getting it to
> work.
>
> I've been searching for info for a while, and one easy solution I found
> was what I detailed in "Try this first?" on the wiki page:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/ServerHardware
>
> My server has an ICH6-R SATA controller, and I have two identical
> drives. I'm going for a RAID configuration.

In the SuperMicro system we purchased, i set the bios to AHCI mode then
loaded up the system on the first sata disk and compiled the kernel I
needed, then went through the process of migrating the system to raid 1
with mdadm. The kernel image listed on the wiki is slightly newer than
the one I compiled so its likely to have most things you need already.

Shane