Re: Hosting control panel

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 03:07:41PM +0100, Jan Wagner wrote:
> On Monday 27 November 2006 14:23, Ward Vandewege wrote:
> > Yeah, that's what I do for the most part. It also has the benefit that if
> > your database server goes down (for whatever reason), your MTA is not
> > affected.
>
> Okay .. but your scripts need to make shure thats the files are only written,
> if the database is reachable and sends usesfull data. :)

Of course. Some file locking and sanity checks are necessary. And an 'atomic'
replace of the old lookup file once you're satisfied with the new file. All
doable, and not particularly difficult.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Pong.be         -(   "We Are the Stakeholders - DRm is Theft." -- Ruben    )-
Virtual hosting -(                          Safir                          )-