Re: Hosting control panel

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 02:16:57PM +0100, Jan Wagner wrote:
> If there are _really_ much connects to the (mta-)frontend servers you need
> enought resources on you db-backend, to handle all the request. Since mysql
> isn't really fast, there may be legitim mails rejected, cause the database
> backend is to slow. A better solution may be, to hold your users in a
> database and generate periodical your userfiles on the frontend mta's from
> the database(s).

Yeah, that's what I do for the most part. It also has the benefit that if
your database server goes down (for whatever reason), your MTA is not
affected.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Pong.be         -(   "We Are the Stakeholders - DRm is Theft." -- Ruben    )-
Virtual hosting -(                          Safir                          )-