Re: ‌benchmark between Redhat-bases & Debian distro

On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 16:34 +0330, Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have suggessted to my boss that i replace Debian with Redhat,I hate
> from redhat.
>
> Then he told me that i write a benchmark between RH & Debian.Do you have it?

Get the older stable edition of each OS, then:
measure the time to install a mysql-5 server with apache2 and php5, with
munin-node and nagios nrpe services running on it, maybe installing and
setting up some common web application such as wordpress, phpbb2, imp3
webmail, plus postfix MTA with greylisting.. from scratch, then apply
all the relevant security upgrades for all relevant packages.

Can use relevant external repositories, i.e. the DAG rpm repository for
redhat and backports.org for the debian.

Then upgrade both servers to current more bleeding edge releases of
their relevant distributions, ensuring the relevant software installed
is still functioning.

Time the how long it takes from bare metal to functioning, upgraded
server on each.

This is kind of contrived as I know this can be a world of pain for
redhat, hey but so are most benchmarks. What are the servers for?