Re: bandwidth aggregation

On 11/18/06, Adrian Minta <adrian.minta@gmail.com> wrote:
Gary Smithe wrote:
> Hi folks,
>     Hopefully this question makes some sense.  I work at a small ISP,
> where we have 3 T1 lines coming in (from 3 different providers).  We
First you need you need to have an AS number and some IP classes on the
AS. Both don't cost much and are a basic requirement for any ISP. After
that you need to run BGP with your upstream providers. For that you need
a router, either a cheap second hand cisco router, or a linux with
zebra/quagga. All this will offer you failover protection an ISP status :)

I would like to recommend linux-based open source router Vyatta [1]
(which is even based on Debian). Under the hood it uses Xorp [2] as
routing protocols implementaion.

[1] http://www.vyatta.com/
[2] http://xorp.org/

--