Re: lack of entropy

Hello,

Monday, November 13, 2006, 13:35:12, you wrote:

> also sprach Marek Podmaka <marki@onee.sk> [2006.11.13.1304 +0100]:
>>   I have installed new HP ML150 G3, with 2.6.18.2 kernel. The problem
>>   is that I have very few entropy available (less than 200 as reported
>>   by /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail). This causes performance
>>   issues - apache can't handle more requests, although no data is
>>   being read from disk (all cached, only log files are being written)
>>   as CPU is utilized only to about 30%.

> Did you see
>
> http://people.debian.org/~terpstra/message/20061031.173956.0bfc5029.en.html
> ?

Thanks for the link, I didn't remember that message... But I have now
checked /etc/ssl on my system. I don't use any special PAM modules. In
/etc/ssl/certs is empty and in /etc/ssl/private there is only one
certificate which is used for secure ftp.

I also checked the old thread and it seems that this is differemt
problem. The available entropy is moving between 120-220, so it
doesn't drop to 1 and it is changing. Also I can ssh without any
visible delays...

--
  bYE, Marki