Re: Question about upgrade of mdadm on etch and mdadm.conf

martin f krafft wrote:

You can delete everything after this if the UUIDs are in fact the
same. I think you can also leave it in and mdadm will ignore the
first set.

Thanks Martin, I removed the superfluous lines, enabled mdadm.conf as instructed and rebooted fine.

Can you figure out when the lines got duplicated? I am moderately
sure this must be from the 1.9.x times.

The system was cleanly installed a couple of months ago using the latest release candidate for the AMD64 Etch installer. I used it to configure RAID1, with LVM2 on top, and DMCrypt on top of that.

Thinking about it, the duplicates are likely my own fault. I was advised to backup my RAID config as shown below, but I guess the installer had already done this for me:

 cd /etc/mdadm
 echo 'DEVICE /dev/hd*[0-9] /dev/sd*[0-9]' > mdadm.conf
 mdadm --detail --scan >> mdadm.conf

I suggest you do. metadata=0 is the upstream default still, and due
to bugs like #385726, I decided to stick with it.

Thanks again.

PS) Nice readme.
PPS) Sorry for accidental direct reply.

Andy