lvm and replacing disk

I've been playing with LVM now (got me a new disk) and have successfully
added a second disk to my volume.

I've been following http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/index.html but that
didn't talk about resize2fs. Luckily I've been keeping tabs on this earlier,
so I could figure that out myself.

Now, in a 'not to distant future' that second disk I've just added will
have to be replaced (it's just a 80Gb and I've ordered a second 400Gb disk).
The HOWTO doesn't talk (yet again) about resize2fs.

It say to ADD the new disk to the group/volume, then MOVE the data from
the second (in my case) disk to the third and then REMOVE the old disk.
But if I do that, there will be a hole (?) in the filesystem... ?
Am I confused?
--
DES cracking explosion plutonium Kennedy SEAL Team 6 subway Noriega
North Korea Uzi Ortega toluene CIA Qaddafi AK-47